Sunday, May 31, 2009

You Saved the Day



Yesterday, while attending the Texas Rangers ball game with my good friend, Pete Sanchez, I also got the opportunity to personally listen as Josh Hamilton shared his story with thousands of fans who gathered for a pre-game concert by Casting Crowns. Up until this moment I had only read his story and shared it in a sermon, but to meet the man behind the words was an amazing experience. While watching the game that followed the concert I took note of the songs that were played as the batters walked into the box to prepare to meet a 98 m.p.h. fastball head-on. While other players were more noted on the secular charts, Josh's two songs were from the Christian charts and yet just another way that God has placed him exactly where He wants him to be. Please take a moment to watch the video link above and ask yourself the question, what song would you choose to introduce you into the arena of thousands...Way to Go Josh Hamilton!

2 comments:

  1. Justin and I watched a special interview with him the other night--incredible testimony of God's restorative power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at that game as well, and got to hear the Casting Crowns concert and Josh's testimony. I've read his book and he has an amazing story. I'd love to sit down and have lunch with him someday. Just the fact that God has allowed him to retain his ability to play baseball at the caliber he does after abusing his body the way he did is evidence of the amazing power of our God. Josh said in an interview last week that he chose that song to be played when he steps into the batter's box because he wants to use every opportunity he has to be a witness, and he wants to utilize those 10 seconds of that song to try to reach people for Christ.

    I think the song I would like to pick would be an excerpt from the song Mighty to Save - "Savior, He can move the mountains, my God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save, forever Author of Salvation, He rose and conquered the grave, Jesus conquered the grave . . ."

    ReplyDelete